Rounder To Release "Treme, Music From The HBO Original Series, Season Two" April 17, 2012
New Orleans is one of the country's richest sources of traditional music, a city which pioneered jazz and the blues. From creators/executive producers David Simon and Eric Overmyer, the critically-acclaimed HBO series Treme interweaves stories of musicians and other residents who are trying to rebuild their lives while also preserving the city's unique musical heritage and cultural traditions after Hurricane Katrina. Releasing April 17, 2012 Treme, Music from the HBO Original Series, Season Two, offers a breathtaking sampling of the music from many of New Orleans musicians and other acclaimed artists that is such an integral part of each episode of the series. The soundtrack will retail for $18.98 and will be available for digital download.
Treme, Music from the HBO Original Series, Season Two revels in the abounding riches of New Orleans music today. Here are brass bands, roots rock, traditional jazz, R&B and Cajun music, with a special nod to the city's piano tradition (with Henry Butler, Jon Cleary, Dr. John, Tom McDermott, David Torkanowsky each prominently featured). Also included is the once-in-a-lifetime collaboration between neo-funksters Galactic, the iconic Dirty Dozen Brass Band, and rapper Juvenile.
Recorded live on the streets and in the clubs, these recordings capture the indefatigable spirit of America's greatest musical city. It would be difficult to imagine a more compelling overview of contemporary New Orleans music. The soundtrack includes 18 tracks featuring music heard throughout the groundbreaking series over the course of its second season.
The songs featured include:
01. New Orleans After The City – Hot 8 Brass Band
02. From The Corner To The Block – Galactic, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Juvenile
03. Carved In Stone – The Subdudes
04. Sisters – John Boutté
05. Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most – David Torkanowsky & Lucia Micarelli
06. Heavy Henry – Tom McDermott
07. Mama Roux – Henry Butler
08. (Every Time I Hear) That Mellow Saxophone – Cyril Neville & Tribe 13
09. Take It To The Street – Rebirth Brass Band
10. Road Home – DJ Davis & The Brassy Knoll
11. Oye, Isabel – The Iguanas
12. Long Hard Journey Home – The Radiators
13. Carnival Time – Al "Carnival Time" Johnson & The Soul Apostles
14. La Danse de Mardi Gras – Steve Riley, Steve Earle, Eunice Revellers
15. Ferry Man – Aurora Nealand & The Royal Roses
16. Frenchmen Street Blues – Jon Cleary
17. Hu-Ta-Nay – Donald Harrison & Friends
18. You Might Be Surprised – Dr. John
Also see Treme: Music from the HBO Original Series, Season 1